A no expense spared sim racing pedal set
If you could spare no expense in the development of a sim racing pedal set, what would your result be? The Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate+! Intended for the sim racing enthusiast who want the most realistic pedal feel possible, or high-end commercial motorsport simulators and driver training facilities.
Simulate cutting edge formula and sports prototype racing
The Ultimates+ offer a stiff yet compact design able to withstand significantly higher loads than Heusinkveld’s entry level Sprint pedal set. With a brake force of up to 136kg (300lbs) you are close to F1 levels of brake force and able to match F2 and LMP1 brake pedal forces.
So, if you’re absolutely focused on creating a real environment to simulate cutting edge formula and sports prototype racing, the Ultimates+ are for you, but don’t worry, they’re just as good under 20kg brake loads too.
Brake feel like the real thing
Pro drivers from international FIA Formula categories to national Touring Car competitions report that the feel of these pedals is the closest they have come to their real cars in a simulated environment.
That is because of the clever 2-way hydraulic dampers in each pedal. It is perhaps not known that Heusinkveld’s Sim Pedals Ultimate+ are hydraulic damping sim racing pedals. The clutch, throttle and brake are feature a hydraulic damper. What is great about the feel of these pedals is not just the compression, but the return. It is a natural, fluid feeling tuned so well that you feel like you’re using real brake pedals.
What Heusinkveld have got right is the tuning of these dampers to return just like a pressurised brake system would. Large fluid reservoirs and motorsport brake system components will never feel “real” unless they are actually connected to a braking system. We think Heusinkveld have nailed this problem by opting to tune a damper to simulate the experience rather than cobbling together parts in the hope it’ll feel good.
You get the ability to modulate the brakes and trail into corners with accuracy you have never felt before. It is truly an astonishing feeling.
Get closer to the edge with superior adjustability and car control
In a real racing car, you control the rotation of the chassis into the corner with your brakes. In the mid corner to exit phase, you control the car with the throttle. This is where the Heusinkveld Ultimates+ really stand out.
The custom developed 12bit USB electronics provides incredibly fine control not found with other pedal kits. The adjustability you have with the throttle and the finesse under braking makes driving fast easy and a real joy. Your inputs become so refined, your lap times and car control on the edge improve too.
Drive like a Pro racing driver
With superior car control comes superior race craft in the heat of battle. If you want to enjoy confident, considered, and incisive race craft, the Ultimates+ are the pedals to own.
Get the ultimate race start with the Ultimate+ clutch
The Ultimate+ clutch simulates the way a real clutch feels. It has a progressive throw from up to fully depressed. The clutch resistance falls away as you fully depress it.
The design of the clutch pedal emulates a diaphragm clutch just like a real racing car. The point where the clutch starts to get lighter is the bite point meaning that you can build better muscle memory and avoid any start mistakes.
What is included?
- Throttle, brake, and clutch pedals
- Spacers and washers
- Rubber bumpers (soft medium and hard)
- Toolset for adjustments
- RJ11 to USB controller box
Heusinkveld Ultimate components
- Precise and smooth operation.
- Adjustable pedal travel, spring preload and resistance.
- Features a 1-way hydraulic damper which resists speed at the ingoing stroke. This helps with smoothing the throttle application and is also used on many real cars for this purpose. The amount of damping can be adjusted.
- A load cell provides a true linear input measurement of the pedal position. Custom non-linear output curves can freely be configured using Heusinkveld SmartControl software.
- The brake features a realistic dual stage brake system with a 200kg load cell, capable of handling actual pedal forces up to 140kg (measured at the pedal footplate), a value comparable to a Formula 1 racing car. For comparison, in a classic non-racing car, only 4 kilograms of force is required to produce maximum braking.
- The adjustable coil spring simulates the initial pad-to-disc gap.
The main brake springs are all new custom made Heusinkveld injection molded thermoset elastomers.
These proprietary elastomers are smooth and responsive and provide an unprecedented progressive brake resistance (concave force curve) just as you would have in a real race car. On the ingoing and outgoing stroke they have firm bump and rebound characteristics.
Automated testing shows these elastomers have zero performance degradation even after one million duty cycles. You can choose from a total of 9 possible resistance settings, allowing you set set the pedal from very soft to extremely stiff.
- The brake features a 2-way hydraulic damper. This damping resists speed at the ingoing and outgoing stroke just as experienced in actual brake assemblies. The amount of damping is adjustable
- A clutch feels lighter towards the end of travel. The Sim Pedals Ultimate+ clutch features a regressive spring mechanism simulating this concave force curve and also allows you to greatly adjust the pedal resistance, travel and feel.
- The clutch features a 2-way hydraulic damper. This damping resists speed at the ingoing and outgoing stroke just as seen in real clutch assemblies. The amount of damping is adjustable.
- A loadcell provides a true linear input measurement of the pedal position. Custom non-linear output curves can freely be configured using Heusinkveld SmartControl software.
Heusinkeld Sim Pedals Ultimate+ use a custom made 12-bit USB controller, which works with Heusinkveld SmartControl software. After calibration every single pedal provides an output signal using the full 12-bit range, providing instant and accurate output to your favorite simulator software.
- The controller enclosure is made of steel and is equipped with 4 mounting holes for easy mounting to your simulator. It can also be mounted to the underside of the optional Sim Pedals Ultimate+ Baseplate.
The pedals have passed full EMC compliance testing, guaranteeing a stable output signal regardless of other electronic components used in your simulator.
The Sim Pedals Ultimate+ come with a powerful configuration tool allowing you to set up your pedals in ways not previously possible: SmartControl. Working together with all-new electronics, SmartControl allows for instant mapping of (non-linear) pedal output curves, pedal deadzones and brake pedal force.
These adjustments can be made without having to recalibrate the pedals (including iRacing). All settings can be saved into profiles, which can be loaded again in a few mouse clicks.
Mapping pedal output curves
A key feature of SmartControl is the ability to set custom signal output maps per pedal. Traditionally race simulator pedal output has had a one-on-one sensitivity in relation to the pedal input. SmartControl allows you to map non-linear output curves using 5 zones (six input parameters).
Each pedal has a Curve Type pull-down menu with pre-defined output curves. You can also select the option to make a custom curve and manually set the desired pedal output percentage for each zone. You have complete freedom to set your own shapes.
Deadzones and brake force adjustment
SmartControl offers quick and easy adjustment of pedal deadzones. The effect of changing these adjustments can be seen visually and realtime. Also the required brake force to get 100% brake output in your simulator can be set in a few mouse clicks.
There is support for an unlimited amount of profiles within SmartControl. Saving and loading a profile is done in a few mouse clicks. Because profile data is saved relative to your calibration values, it is possible to exchange pedal profiles between Sim Pedals Ultimate+ owners.
- Assetto Corsa
- Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Dirt 2
- Dirt 4
- Dirt Rally
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Codemasters F1 2010
- F1 2011
- F1 2012
- F1 2013
- F1 2014
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- F1 2018
- F1 2019
- F1 2020
- F1 2021
- F1 2022
- F1 2023
- GRID 2
- GRID Autosport
- GT Legends
- Project Cars
- Project Cars 2
- RaceRoom Racing Experience
- rFactor 2
- Automobilista 2
If you are unsure whether they will be compatible with your game, please feel free to contact us and we will advise you.
HEUSINKVELD ULTIMATE. Those pedals are my favorite and are in my opinion the closest to a real race car on braking. Also here it is very important to be tuning the pedals first for each software and cars. The stiffness can be modified with different dampers.