Cube Controls wheels have always had strong assignability with plenty of rotaries, toggles, and momentary push buttons. What’s new with the F-Core is the provision of two “funky switches” and two clutch paddles (optional). Given this can be used as a wireless wheel, it’s clear why Bluetooth has been added – the extra bandwidth made available by switching away from Simucube’s propreitory “Simucube Wireless” technology means that you can have extra features!
- 12 x Momentary Push Buttons
- 2 x Bi-directional Joystick controllers (funky switches)
- 2 x Rotaries on the wheel front plate
- 2 x Thumb rotaries on the wheel body
- 2 x Shifter paddles made in composite material
- 2 x Analogue “Pro” clutch paddles made in Aluminium (Optional)
- 2 x Backlit toggle switches
The button layout is very intuitive with large, easy-to-reach buttons with colorful bezels and tactile clicks. This provides a practical and immersive experience, with a layout that’s easy to learn. Thanks to the injection moulded button shrouds (typical of most Cube Controls wheels) this is yet another “VR friendly” sim steering wheel.
The F-Core features a one-piece die-cast aluminum housing and a carbon fiber front plate, ensuring zero flex and a solid, lightweight design. The quality of the finish is as you would expect from a premium sim racing wheel manufacturer, with a thick glossy carbon faceplate, a hand painted Cube Controls logo on the front.
At the rear, you’ll find revised paddle shift bodies activated by thick paddles and custom neo-dynium magnets, manufactured in composite paddle bodies. All of the edges around the design are nicely bevelled and presented well. The Universal hub adapter is attached (optional), which will accommodate a 70mm PCD QR hub fitment.
A pair of clutch paddles (optional) below are countersunk into the alumiumium body. This is a new addition for a Cube Controls wireless wheel at the price, making the perfectr lauch from the grid an effortless task.
The grips have already had rave reviews by early testers – we love the Cube Controls grip formula, stiff but not tiring, and very comfortable and grippy to hold. No other wheels get close to the grip material Cube Controls use!
The F-Core provides Bluetooth and Wired connectivity. This means the wheel will work in wireless mode with any wheelbase. Enjoy the freedom of wireless Bluetooth connectivity, compatible with any wheelbase, or use the magnetic USB Q-CONN cable for a wired connection directly to your PC.
Easy to mount
Mount the wheel easily to any hub with either a 6x70mm PCD or 50mm PCD bolt pattern thanks to Cube Controls excellent Universal Hub Mount (optional), supplied fitted to the back of the wheel. This makes the wheel compatible with any of the QR hubs we have in our sim racing accessories page including the SQR hub supplied with your Simucube 2 wheelbase.
- Pure carbon-fiber front plate (4mm thick)
- Die-cast aluminium main body
- New and Improved hand grip compound in silicon and rubber
- Grip-to-Grip wheel length: 290mm
- Grip max diameter 43.00 mm
- Proprietary custom-made tactile button assembly
- Improved button guards with better ergonomics and feeling
- Wheel hub compatible with all formula-style quick release hubs (3 bolts, 1-inch and 70mm PCD) (sold separately)
- Straight back charging connector
- LiPo battery (up to 40 hours of use with a high capacity 2000 mAh onboard battery)
- Integrated charging electronics to prevent overcharge / undercharge
- Connection and battery status LEDs (green when charged, red while charging, yellow when out of power)
- Q-CONN magnetic connection cable
- On/off pushbutton on the backside of the wheel
- VR friendly
- Weight: 895g
- USB+Bluetooth Dual mode
- In-software clutch and shifters configuration
- Cube Controls F-Core sim steering wheel
- Magnetic USB Q-CONN cable
- Sticker sheet
- Toolkit and mounting bolts
Q: Does this come with a USB cable?
A: Yes it comes supplied with the Cube Controls Q-Conn connector USB cable
Q: What is the diameter of the wheel rim?
Q: Can I use this with any wheelbase?
A: Yes – thanks to the use of Bluetooth wireless technology you just need to make sure your PC has a Bluetooth receiver (most gaming motherboards do) or buy a USB based Bluetooth dongle. You can also use the USB cable as a wired device.
Q: What hubs can I mount to?
A: The Universal hub mount supplied and fitted to the base of this wheel (optional purchase) means you can fit to both 50mm and 70mm PCD bolt pattern hubs including the Simucube SQR hub. Check out the QR hubs we have in our sim racing accessories page.
Q: Are the magnetic shift paddles adjustable?
A: Reach and depth of the paddle can be adjusted with the tools provided.
Q: Is a LiPo battery safe in a sim steering wheel?
A: Yes – the onboard charge management system will manage the battery charging, so that when the battery is fully charged, the electronics will stop the device charging.