THE ULTIMATE FORMULA 1 CARBON FIBER WHEEL
If you want to build an F1 simulator that truly pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in terms of replicating an authentic Formula sim racing experience, then you’ll want to take a serious look at the Rexing Mayaris Formula Wheel.
We think it’s the next best thing to an actual Formula One wheel.
The main body of the wheel is built entirely from carbon fibre, making it lightweight yet incredibly strong, which is essential to minimise flex when pairing it with powerful direct-drive wheelbases.
A solid pre-drilled connecting hub is on the rear, allowing the wheel to attach to wheelbases from mainstream manufacturers, which even supports quick release.
ILLUMINATED PUSH-BUTTONS AND MULTI-SWITCH
The front face of the wheel features a total of 10 illuminated pushbuttons, an analogue joystick with centre-push, 6 rotary encoders, magnetic paddle shifters, additional clutch paddles, and a highly intuitive multi-switch. Each of the controls has been strategically placed to ensure the most realistic F1 racing experience possible, and what’s more, you have complete control over the function assigned to every input.
USBD480 DISPLAY & RGB LEDs
Another striking feature of the Rexing Mayaris Formula Wheel is the prominent full-colour USBD480 LCD, surrounded by 17 configurable RGB LEDS, adding another layer of professionalism and quality to what is genuinely an ultra-high-end piece of sim racing equipment.
POLYURETHANE RUBBER GRIPS
Overmolding a piece of hollow carbon to cover it with rubber was a super difficult task, but we were persistent to give our buyers exactly what they need – a pair of grips that is durable, light-weight, realistic and worthy of serious sim racer’s hands.
TEMPERED GLASS DISPLAY COVER
We’ve established the functionality is all there. But you need your gear to look awesome, as well, don’t you? Now with RGB LED lights diffused to be visible (and to look awesome in photos) from all angles.
The Rexing Mayaris Formula Wheel comes complete with:
- A full carbon fibre body
- 3″ USBD480 LCD compatible with popular sim racing software applications such as Simdash, Simhub, and Z1
- 11 RGB LEDs, 6 additional marshal RGB LEDs: all configurable to telemetry data in Simdash application. Adjustable brightness (using a potentiometer on the wheel) and a wide variety of colours to choose from in Simdash software.
- 10 illuminated, dimmable pushbuttons, each configurable to any telemetry data in Simdash application with the possibility of having more than one condition assigned to any button and choosing priorities among the conditions. Their brightness can be adjusted in Simdash software, whereas their colour is fixed and can’t be altered. Pushbuttons are high quality “Apem” brand with an actuation force of 3.5 N and push travel of 1 mm.
- Analog joystick/thumbstick with centre push
- Multi-switch which functions simultaneously as a rotary encoder, a digital joystick and a button
- 6 thumb rotary encoders
- Potentiometer for “on the fly” RGB LEDs brightness adjustment
- Potentiometer for clutch bite adjustment
- Polyurethane rubber grips
- Tempered glass display cover
- Aluminium knobs
- Magnetic paddle shifters
- Hall sensor clutch paddles, single-axis with bite point adjustment
- Aluminium hub on the back – accepts 50.8 mm and 70 mm wheelbases and quick releases (for example: Simucube, Fanatec Podium Hub, and others)
- Non-proprietary connector on the back of the wheel (easy to replace or make your own cable)
- High-quality USB spiral cable included
- Self-adhesive labels for pushbuttons and various additional labels for customisation
What do I need to buy separately?
The Rexing Mayaris Formula Wheel needs to be connected to a sim racing wheelbase which must be purchased separately. Rexing also sells an optional third set of paddles for the Mayaris Formula Wheel, each with dual action, providing a total of 4 configurable positions on just 2 paddles.
Q: Can I use the Rexing Mayaris Formula Wheel on PlayStation or Xbox?
A: No. Unfortunately, this device is not compatible with any gaming consoles and is currently solely for PC users.
Q: Do I need to install any drivers to use the Rexing Mayaris Formula Wheel?
To use the USBD480 LCD, you need to install requires this driver and an additional app to show data from the game. Choose between the following apps:
Alternatively, you can use other USBD480 compatible apps.